Saturday, May 13, 2006

Ned Delivers

The Pied Piper of Wood Ward played the tune, my immune system heard it. Ned (No evidence of disease) handled all 2 1/2 liters of the evidence as negotiated. I dropped off the 2 big "orange, I have piss in here jugs" last week for investigation. The protein expression from my plasma cells after 1 cycle (28 days) of treatment dropped 90% and is now just slightly above the "normal" range. The optimistic conclusion is that almost all the myeloma is gone and the remaining plasma cells are normal happy healthy strong efficient perfectly functioning members of my immune system. I'm half way through the second cycle and will pee and bleed for the investigators again after I return from the Center for Animal Research & Education at the end of the month. I am so looking forward to not feeling drugged. It brings tears to my eyes to think that in just 2 short months of what at times was so emotionally and physically bizarre I may be able to move on to a new paradigm. One without drugs or at least these crazy your on drugs side effects. Some sort of monitoring maintenance regimen. Maybe all these complementary therapies are doing the trick! Of course I'm doing about 40 so most likely 38 are irrelevant. That just doesn't matter to me.

I turned 47 this week. What a year 46 was. I am just beaming and ever so ecstatic about my new friend Ned and his cohort the Pied Piper playing Happy Birthday dear Scottie.

1 comment:

Karen said...

WOOO HOOOO! We love Ned!!!