Friday, November 24, 2006

PDT Syndrome

I do just love this PDT (Proud Dad Thing) syndrome. My boy owns a home and can put together an awesome Thanksgiving dinner. A little over a year ago he was desperately searching for a job in his field (computer science) while tending bar at Bennigan's Grill. I am still grinning ear to ear when I remember yesterday.

Then there are my PDT daughter issues. She dumped Mr. Conservative for Mr. Wild N. Crazy. I can't help but hug her and bask in the euphoria exuding from her pores. She is my little girl after all and nothing can change that. I had a few sleepless nights about 15 years ago when Mr. Crazy was corrupting my unspoiled daughter with his rebellious ways. Apparently if you make it through your twenties, avoid run-ins with the law and otherwise succeed in life one shouldn't be judged by your 16 year old self. Life is interesting that way. Fatherhood is challenging that way :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe some photos to show us what you mean would be nice. (Make sure it's a decent photo of me, buddy!

xxoo
the CCC.