In short I was randomized in the clinical trial to receive the high dose of TRM-1 (a Fully Human Monoclonal Antibody to TRAIL-R1 which appears to have some anti-myeloma efficacy). So after I received the Velcade and a 1 hour infusion of TRM-1 I sat around for 4 hours to make sure I didn't have an allergic reaction. Hence all the measure and wait crap.
The Benadryl they gave me knocked me out by 8. Now I just feel like I had a lousy breakfast. I'll be watching for these especially exciting Velcade side effects:
- vomiting material that looks like coffee grounds (I filter my coffee)
- inability to speak or understand speech (normal interaction with colleagues)
- loss of memory (normal, besides how would I know?)
- loss of vision (after the memory loss would be preferred)
- difficulty thinking clearly (maybe Lu could comment on these?)
- difficulty using good judgment (normal)
- difficulty understanding reality (normal)
Provided I can see if I hurl coffee grounds you all will have to let me know if I seem to be especially "normal" in some unique way.