Sunday, November 04, 2007

Crazy Sexy Myeloma

My brother-in-law sent me a DVD of The Learning Channel's, Crazy Sexy Cancer. It is a video documentary of Kris Carr's adventure which started on Valentine's Day 2003, when she was diagnosed with a rare vascular cancer. Weeks later, she began filming her story. Although I get a bit jealous at times of her seeming unlimited resources to experiment with funky complementary healing modalities I find her message sincere, informative and supportive. She has a blog, http://crazysexycancer.blogspot.com/, chuck full of useful info about her journey. One of the women on the show, Jackie Farry, was diagnosed with multiple myeloma in the winter of 2003, while on the road with one of her bands. With little insurance, no work and a pile of medical bills, she organized the "F**k Cancer Benefit Concert and Raffle" and has a nice "F**k Cancer" hat for sale. If you don't know the meaning of "F**k" here is a nice YouTube explanation.

My baby boy turned 26 yesterday. Yup I'm a proud Dad. I'm still reminiscing of the pure ecstasy brought on by a gluten free chocolate cupcake.

2 comments:

tk said...

Love the video..made me laugh out loud...just what I needed!

Sunshine said...

Gluten free chocolate cupcake sounds like ecstasy!! Yes.