Monday, December 10, 2007

Core Beliefs

If you are like many folks dealt a cancer hand, a bit of self doubt and reflection are inevitable. Then of course there is the endless search for a cause. The daunting quest for remission. A veritable roller coaster of sorts. So if you'd like to live on a shaky foundation try taking a look at your core beliefs - you know the ones coming from your bones. Where you stand or how you perceive the world. Myeloma is a core belief type of disorder. There aren't very many folks so blessed with a reason to ever even look at their core beliefs. It's the blessing part I have trouble with at times. I'm off to sleep on that one. :-)

3 comments:

Sunshine said...

Some people get mixed up about exactly what is "blessing", don't you think. I'm not the one here with myeloma, but there have been times in my life when I thought I really didn't need this much "blessing" !
But I do think sometimes God does plant roses. (If that metaphor works for you.)

Don said...

I read Lance Armstrong's book "It's Not About the Bike." In in he quotes another cancer survivor who said "You don't know it yet, but we're the lucky ones."

At the time I thought he meant that we were lucky because we have a reason to live in the moment, not just in the future. But perhaps you have hit on another reason we're lucky - we get to examine our core beliefs as many people can't.

Sleep well.

Don

tk said...

I've been dealing with Richard's disease for 9 years and I don't feel blessed. I feel angry. If anything, it's made me question my core beliefs.

I can't speak for Richard, but I don't believe he feels blessed either.

We both try to postitive but sometimes it's a daily struggle.

Love your "Faulty Protein Disposal" post.