Sunday, December 23, 2007

It's a Small World

Have you ever noticed that despite a 1 in 6,000 chance of meeting another person with MM they seem to come out of the woodwork so to speak? My Mom emailed me yesterday about a 21 year survivor of MM she met. Yup you read correctly twenty one! Then there is the six degrees of separation phenomena published in Psychology Today and popularized by the 1990 play of the same name. Subsequently the internet has allowed the theory to verified to a rather high degree of precision. Wrap that up with Einstein's theory of relativity and poof you have not only a small world, but one in which no part is an island unto itself. It is an ever shrinking oh so small flat world.

It is the Season when I more often recall and reflect on just how thankful I am to have a world of friends, many I may never meet, who have touched me with their thoughts, prayers, wisdom and experiences. The countless thousands effecting a cure for what ails me. All those brave souls who went on clinical trials. My steadfast caregivers (Lu that's mainly you!) filling my life with joy, touching me with compassion and just being there by my side rain or shine.

May all your lives be blessed. Merry Christmas.


1 comment:

Don said...

And Blessed Christmas season to you too!

Don