Sunday, August 30, 2009

Waltzing Through Summer

I dance with a unique sense of rhythm. It brings a big smile to my face when I recall our ballroom dancing instructor telling Lu, "He leads and you follow. It is your job to make him look good even if he can't keep time." I can assure you that despite the somewhat sexist undertone I look much better because Lu is really good at her job. We have been waltzing through this dark fungus loving wet cool summer with significant panache.
There was a fortuitous clerical error that caused last month's blood work to be missing the MM indicators. This month's blood work was postponed for an extra couple weeks because I didn't want to screw up my waltz. Skipping a few beats is one of my fortes.
About a month ago a colleague chiseled a couple holes in one of my vertebrae, inflated it back up to size with a balloon and then filled it with this stuff that resembled nail polish. Then I went out for lunch and haven't looked back since. Our mattress apparently was not the cause of my back pain - the pain was gone the next morning never to return.
School starts tomorrow so visiting the oncologist will just add an extra beat to what promises to be a highly syncopated mambo. (BTW I truly suck at quick Latin dances).
The Myeloma Beacon published a short Patient Perspective about me that references this blog so an update was in order. If this is first time you have visited my blog welcome.

4 comments:

John said...

Glad you are dancing Scott. A good article on you in The Beacon too. Be well...

Margaret said...

I am sooo jealous of you two. ;-) I love dancing, Latino in particular, but Stefano is allergic to any form of dancing...I have tried everything, from threats to treats...nothing works. He won't give in. So, continue dancing...for me, too! :-)

Sunshine said...

In celebration of your dancing.. !!

Tom said...

I have no idea of who you are,but it seems you know whats important,best to you